Monday, September 2, 2013

Colleen's September Currently

Happy September, sweet friends!!

Last month, Stacy blogged about her August currently. Well, this month it's my turn! Today I'm linking up with Farley from Oh Boy 4th Grade to share with you my September currently! 
So without further adieu....
Listening: I love listening to sermons from other pastors around the country. I absolutely love my church and my pastor but there's so many other churches around and so much wisdom out there- I just love to soak it in. I listen while I'm driving or cleaning, or whenever really... like right now, while I'm typing this blog post. This one in particular is about overcoming stress and anxiety and I've listened to it probably 5 times. Highly recommended. 

Loving: I LOVE fall. It's cool but not cold and the colors are absolutely beautiful- especially here in New England. I also have a slight obsession with anything pumpkin... pumpkin candles, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin muffins, oatmeal etc.... delicious. I love baking with pumpkin!

Thinking: I have one day of plans done. WOOF. I really need to finish the other days. It's looming over my head but day one took me soooo long. I know it will eventually come quicker and I'll get into a rhythm and routine but right now it's toughhhh to think through everything. However, The First Six Weeks of School by Paula Denton and Roxann Kriete, and some great teacher friends have been SO helpful. 

Wanting: I just love a good hot cup of tea and to be cuddled up in a blanket. After this that's what I'm gonna do while I write these plans. 

Needing: I think I hear Target calling my name for a new dress for the first day of school??? :) But in reality I need to go grocery shopping so I'm prepared to make lunches again!

And for personal goals: 
1) Daily Devotions: Last year I would get to the parking lot super early and spend time every morning in my car doing by devotions. This year I need to get into a new routine in order to make sure I'm intentional with the time I'm spending with God. 

2) Boot Camp: I just love my gym. I need to get into the routine of going to 7pm bootcamps after work. I know it would help me with everything else in my life that sometimes feels out of control too. 

3) Plan out my meals: Sometimes I find myself just too busy. If I were to plan out my meals ahead of time I would be able to stay on track better there too. 

So, there you have it! 
I can't believe it's September! 
My kids come in TWO days!!! Ahhhhh! 
So many emotions!
I'm excited and I'm nervous and I'm trying to remind myself that I'm ready! 

Ya know what would help me a LOT? 
Some advice from the wealth of amazing educators out there!
Leave your words of wisdom in the comment section below :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could experience a New England Fall...or any Fall for that matter! Texas only has two seasons: Hot & Hotter!
    Great Currently!
    My advice: Go with the flow, and be ready to make a change if necessary. As long as the kiddies enjoy themselves and learn in the process, it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I love Texas! Some of my friends went to Baylor and it was so wonderful to visit them! However I would definitely miss New England fall if I were to live there!

      Thank you for your advice!! I so appreciate it! :)

      Love your blog!
      Colleen

      Delete
  2. Be prepared that the first few weeks are hectic, no matter what, no matter how long we have taught. Be flexible, enjoy the moments, and know you will come home exhausted. It will start to even out, around midterm! :-)
    This was part of my devotion today, hang on to this sentiment:

    "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men" Colossians 3:23

    Also, I am getting up 30 minutes earlier for my devotion time. It is working out really well. I also have an accountability partner, we text each morning sharing a piece of our reflection on it.

    Most of all, go have fun!! You have arrived and get to go teach as God has equipped you! I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry! You're the BEST! Wanna know what's so cool!? We just finished a series at church about our jobs and expanding God's influence through the places we work. Our memory verse for that series was Colossians 3:23!!!

      Thank you so much for your sweet words and advice! It's so cool that we got to meet you through the SLANT box exchange! What a blessing!

      <3 Colleen

      Delete